Recipe of the Month
Liver in Bacon Parcels with Rosted Fiery Cabbage
Liver in Bacon Parcels with Roasted Fiery Cabbage
85g/3oz Lambs Liver, cut into three strips
3 x Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
½ White Cabbage
Handful of Fresh Parsley
Knob of Butter
½ Tsp of Curry Powder
Salt & Pepper to Season
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Lay the bacon rashers onto a meat chopping board and place one strip of the liver at one end of each.
3. Roll the liver up in the bacon and secure each with a cocktail stick.
4. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and fry the liver and bacon parcels for 5-7 minutes, turning regularly to ensure they cook on all sides.
5. Remove the core of the cabbage and roughly chop. Blanch with cabbage with a knob of butter, olive oil, and salt & pepper to season.
6. Add the cabbage to a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with curry powder. Roast for 10-12 mins, or until the cabbage is tender.
7. Finely chop the parsley and serve the parcels with the cabbage on the side. Garnish with the chopped parsley.